As the days get colder and Christmas draws nearer, we’ve got more awesome DIY decoration ideas to help kick your holiday festivities to a whole other level. Today, we’re going to show you how to make beautiful snowflake decoration out of lacy paper.
It’s A Lot Easier Than You Think.
- First, take one square of lacy paper, fold it in half diagonally to form a triangle and then fold it in half again to make another smaller triangle just so you get one hinged side and two flaps.
- Now take a pencil and a scale to draw a series of lines in the middle of the triangle with the space of one centimeter between each line. And if you look at the picture, you shouldn’t draw them all the way to the edge. (The number of lines that you want to draw and the amount of space between them is entirely up to you.)
- Now take a pair of scissors and cut along the lines, but not all the way through. Do this about six times before opening them up.
- After opening them up, starting from the center, fold the two points together to each other and then glue them together using your glue stick. If you find this a bit hard to do, you can place a pencil under the intersecting folds to push them against so as not to flatten them. Upon doing so, the two folds will be shaped like a tube.
- Now turn the paper over and take the next two sets of folds and then glue them together just like the first pair. This will be easier to do as you won’t be needing a pencil for it.
- Keep repeating this process going back and forth with as many folds as you’d like so that it gets that lacy look that you’re going for. Also, note that the size of the square that you use will determine the overall size of your finished product. You can either choose to make the snowflake paper small for you to put on your Christmas tree or bigger to pass it off as a stunning window decoration.
- Now that you’re done with one, do the same with the other squares of paper you have by following steps 4 and 5.
- Now that all six of those papers have been prepped, start joining them together by gluing their endpoints with one another and hold them in place steadily until the glue has dried up and solidified. Keep adding more of your paper leaves to each other from point to point until all six of those pieces are attached and your nifty little Christmas decoration ornament is ready for the world.
All that’s left now is to hang the ornament to your window using an ornament string, which you can put through your ornament after making a hole through one of the leave pieces as the image above shows.
Not only are these fun to make – they are a beautiful addition to your Christmas decor to make it even more magical and festive. Watch below for the full tutorial.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Join your friends or be the first to like our page