Do you like a good logic problem, puzzle, or riddle? Check out these 10 brainteasers and see how many you can get right. But make sure to pay close attention to the details or you’ll find yourself looking for answers in the wrong direction!
Scroll down to the bottom to see all the answers.
1. Matchstick puzzle
Which 2 matchsticks can you move to create 3 triangles? (The 3 triangles don’t have to be equal in size.)
2.The poisoned steak
A woman is cooking a steak for dinner and is trying to poison her guest. She cuts the steak in half and she and her guest both eat half. Her guest ingests the poison and dies, but she does not. How does she manage to poison only half the steak?
3. Water puzzle
Which of these tanks will fill up first?
4. A killer caught
A man murdered his wife and left her body in the woods. He drove to work and was contacted by police an hour later. They informed him that his wife was dead and asked him to meet them at the crime scene and said nothing else. When he arrived, they arrested him immediately. How did they know he was the killer?
5. Guess the number
What is the number of the parking spot that the car is parked in?
6. Cutting the cloth
A woman has a piece of fabric that is 16 feet long. She cuts 2 feet of fabric per day. How many days does it take her to cut the entire piece?
7. Which door should you open?
You have the option of going through one of 3 doors. The first door opens up into a room with a massive fire. Behind the second door lies a killer. The third door holds a lion that hasn’t eaten in 3 years. Which door do you go through in order to stay safe?
8. Over the river
A farmer is traveling with a goat, a wolf, and a cabbage when he reaches a river that he needs to cross. He finds a boat nearby but can only take one item at a time. The wolf will eat the sheep if the man leaves them alone and the goat will eat the cabbage if they are left alone on the shore. In what order does he take the goat, cabbage, and wolf across the river?
9. Hiking riddle
A man left his camp and hiked south for 3 miles. Then he turned east and hiked for 3 miles. Then he turned north and hiked for 3 miles, at which time he came upon a bear inside his tent eating his food! What color was the bear?
10. What’s wrong with this picture?
1. You can move the top two matchsticks:
2. The woman put the poison on one side of the steak knife and served the meat on the poisoned side to her guest.
3. Tank F will fill up first. Also, notice that the route from tank C to D is blocked off.
4. The police only told him to go to the crime scene but didn’t tell him where that was. When he showed up, they knew he had dumped her body there.
5. 87. The numbers are flipped upside down.
6. It takes her 7 days. On the 7th day, she is down to 2 feet and does not need to cut any more.
7. Door #3. A lion that hasn’t eaten in 3 years would be dead and couldn’t harm you.
8. First, the farmer takes the goat across (leaving the wolf and cabbage behind). Then, the farmer returns alone
and takes the wolf across. The farmer returns with the goat and takes the cabbage across while dropping off the goat again. The farmer then returns alone and takes the goat across.
9. White. The only place on Earth where you can hike 3 miles south, then east, then north, and end up back at your starting point is the North Pole. Polar bears are the only bears that live there, and they are white.
10. This one’s tricky. The word “the” is repeated twice. It has nothing to do with colors or numbers.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Follow your friends or be the first to join our group