Cats are masters at fitting themselves in the tightest, smallest, most awkward spaces — and they seem to be completely comfortable in those odd positions and locations.
Whether it’s a small box, a bowl, or even a shoe — just when you think there’s no possible way a cat could fit, they do! Some people think cats are strange, but really, they’re actually quite smart. A cat gets comfort from being tucked away in tight, small spaces. It supposedly even reduces their stress levels.
Cats might also find dark, cramped areas to take a nap because it helps them preserve their body heat. It’s actually a heat-saving strategy! So, next time you think your cat is strange when you find them in a funny, small space — admire their feline ability to adapt instead.
Here are 30 cats that decided “if I fit, I’ll sit.”
It’s hard to believe how some cats were able to fit in these places.
1. Not only is the kitten cozy, but the dog has a friend to comfort them. Adorable.
2. No, really — where did their body go?
3. Even big cats like to feel snug in tiny spaces.
4. Is that a cat or a super fluffy throw pillow?
5. Dad was trying to enjoy some alone-time in the cold sink — but then…kittens.
6. This is Audrey, and she falls asleep in shirt pockets.
7. Literally a bed of lettuce.
8. “How big is your kitten?”
“About a 6 and a half in women’s.”
9. This orange beauty was brought home in the basket as a kitten. They were recently reunited.
10. We say “awkward.” Cat says “perfect fit.”
11. This cat chewed in an armrest for themselves. Not even kidding.
12. The tiny little paw pressed up against the bowl is too adorable to handle.
13. They look so snuggly and warm in there.
14. Not quite, but okay.
15. “Spent 10 minutes looking for my cat before I went to bed, found him asleep in a wok on top of the freezer.”
16. This can’t be comfortable, can it?
17. They saw an opportunity, and they took it — with a completely lack of awareness for others.
18. Do not attempt to water this plant. You will be attacked.
19. The see-through bowl is amazing.
20. Get out of here with this cuteness!
21. This cat will take what it can get.
22. Is that even a cat?!
23. This is his “special spot.” Don’t even think about moving it.
24. I think the cat is subtley begging his mom to stay home from work today.
25. A storage spot for sneakers — or an adorable orange and white kitty.
26. “What do you mean I’m ‘too big?'”
27. If the paws are in, it’s a success.
28. That’s what this wicker whale thing was designed for, right?
29. More proof that lions are just big kitties.
30. Whatever makes you comfortable.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.