Niagra Falls is an amazing attraction all year long. Niagara Falls consists of three waterfalls that straddle the international border between Canada and the U.S, specifically Ontario and New York, which form the Niagara Gorge.
The Horseshoe Falls is the largest fall which is on the border of Canada and the U.S. The second largest is the American Falls which is on the U.S. side and is separated by Goat Island.
The smallest is Bridal Veil Falls which is also on the U.S. side and is separated from the other falls by Luna Island.
While the rushing waters of Niagara Falls is a stunning sight in the summer, spring, and fall, Niagara Falls turns into an incredible display that looks like something out of the movie “Frozen” in the winter.
Everything freezes over and becomes coated in ice to create a magical natural display. Giant icicles form, railings look like giant ropes of ice, and plants become giant frozen bulbs.
More than 3,000 tons of water flows over Niagara Falls every second, according to the Washington Post. So, when it freezes over it gets so thick that some people will build concessions stands on the ice or walk across it to cross into Canada from the U.S. or vice versa.
You can see what we mean in the magnificent photos below:
1) Did You Know That Water Can Be Spikey?
2) This Looks Like it Was Painted But It’s The Actual Horseshoe Falls
3) A Festive Frozen Railing With a Backdrop of Blue Skies
4) We Assume That These Are Plants Buts They Look More Like Coral When They Are Frozen
5) Now That’s a Winter Wonderland If I Ever Saw One
6) This Ice Spiral Looks So Cool
7) Is That Elsa’s House?
8) Blue Skies and Blue Waters Against White Snow
9) A Branch Frozen in Time
10) An Icy Railing With Ice Teeth
11) I Feel Cold Just Looking At This Picture
12) Check Out These Snow Blobs
13) Blue Tipped Icesicles and Blue Bulbs
14) Two People Bearing the Cold to be Overwhelmed By the Frozen Beauty Before Them
15) Early Morning Light Spilling Over Nigara Falls
16) This Definitely Looks Like a Scene Out of Narnia
17) That Frozen Spray Is Absolutely Incredible
18) This One Looks Like Frozen Hanging Hair
19) I Bet No One Is Putting Their Face Up to This Viewfinder For a While
20) These Onlookers Are in Awe of of the Spikey Frozen Wonders Around Them
Join your friends or be the first to like our page
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.