Vaseline, also known as petroleum jelly, is a household staple that many people simply cannot live without. We all know you can use Vaseline to help repair chapped lips, but it can be used for so much more than that.
From “slugging” your face to pampering your pooch, here are 35 practical ways you can use Vaseline (or your favorite brand of petroleum jelly) at home during the winter months!
1. Ditch the red-nosed reindeer look
Mix 2 tablespoons of Vaseline with 1 tablespoon of sea salt, then rub the mixture in a circular motion all over your body. Rinse with warm water, and then enjoy just how silky smooth (and exfoliated) your skin feels!
3. Try “slugging” your face!
In case you’re wondering, it’s called “slugging” because it makes your face look like you’ve been slimed by a slug bug (no punch backs allowed).
4. Pamper your pooch
5. Don’t forget to treat your own feet, too!
6. Keep your cuticles looking soft and healthy
7. Quick fix for stubbornly-stuck rings
8. Hope for sensitive earring wearers
9. Tame flyaway hairs
10. Unstick zippers
11. Soothe newly plucked eyebrows
12. Stop razor rash in its tracks
13. Stop glue from getting stuck to itself
14. Stop hair dye from staining your face
15. Use it as a highlighter to look fresh and dewy
16. Stop tugging on your shower curtains
17. Hot tub helper
18. Keep eczema itchies at bay
19. Make a DIY hair conditioning mask
- 6 heaping spoonfuls of Vaseline
- 3 heaping spoonfuls of aloe vera gel
- 5 vitamin E capsules
Mix everything in a bowl and work it into your hair. Let it soak into your hair for a couple of hours, or leave it on overnight for super deep conditioning. Wash it out with shampoo when you’re ready.
20. Protect your hair from damaging heat
21. Smart lightbulb
22. Protect your skin from the elements
23. Soften calluses
24. Heal friction burns the easy way
25. Grow your eyebrow hairs like crazy
26. DIY flavored lip gloss
You can find the full recipe on this blog here.
27. Make your own body glitter
Whatever you do, don’t ever get glitter near your eyes as it can cut into your cornea.
28. Make some glitter slime for the kids
Get the full recipe here.
29. Soften rough patches of skin
30. Use it as an eye makeup remover
31. Extend the life of your perfume
You can also make a solid perfume by mixing together Vaseline and a few spritzes of perfume in a small metal tin.