College students might be broke, but it doesn’t mean they aren’t savvy.
Sleeping in cramped dorms, eating ramen noodles, shopping at thrift stores — college years are a time for being frugal because, well, let’s face it — you’re probably broke!
These 30 photos prove that college students can be geniuses when it comes to being thrifty.
Some of these ideas were seriously amazing.
1. These college kids were going to make the most out of being trapped indoors from a blizzard.
2. No trash can? No problem.
3. No one will suspect a thing.
4. You work with what you got.
5. “Went to visit my son in college. This is his porch furniture.”
6. When lazy meets genius.
7. When you hate doing the dishes.
8. This college student couldn’t afford cups and glasses. They made it work.
9. Wait, what happened to the couch in the first place?!
10. Let me guess, engineering major?
11. They apparently didn’t know that the shower curtain hooks didn’t come with the shower curtain.
12. College ingenuity at its finest.
13. Milk is expensive, okay?
14. That’s actually pretty clever.
15. From a distance, you can’t even tell!
16. Why don’t college kids own a proper pot?
17. They didn’t have candles, so…
18. A bookshelf made of textbooks.
19. Sweeping the floor: college edition.
20. When cans are 5 or 10 cents a piece to return, that adds up!
21. Lost the handle part. A replacement is way too expensive.
22. Seems safe.
23. No fork or spoon either?
24. Dorm room hot tub. They better hope that holds.
25. When you don’t have a microwave, you have to get resourceful.
26. This is their fire alarm. Pretty sure this doesn’t meet code.
27. I don’t even want to know where that came from.
28. It’s their one and only plate.
29. Pretty amazing actually.
30. They “fixed” the shower.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.